SMC eased into reopening starting the beginning of June.
We are taking reopening seriously and want to do it correctly, protecting our staff and you as well. This has involved a lot of discussion and interaction with other professionals to feel our way down the best path. Here are some of our initial measures to deal with the pandemic.
• New background information and exposure information gathering (Sorry, this does mean more forms to fill out).
• Lowering ratios and working with small groups.
• Guides will only heat water and not cook for the group. Guests will bring their own quick-cook foods.
• Practicing social distancing when we can. This is pretty easy on trails but less easy on technical climbs. We have anticipated procedures for this.
• Wearing appropriate PPE when necessary and upping our hygiene and sanitizing techniques.
• Being prepared to change our thinking as new information becomes available.
We are abiding by state, county and federal guide guidelines and are relying upon advice from our medical advisor. We have been approved for opening by Inyo County as of 5/27/20.
So now is the time to start to think about getting out of the house and rejuvenating your soul in the mountains after being cooped up too long. If you have questions about how we are doing things please call us and we can talk about it.