Sierra Mountain Center (SMC) collects information from you when you register for a program, subscribe to the email newsletter, or participate in correspondence with us. When ordering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter this personal information: name, e-mail address, mailing address, billing address, phone number, or credit card information. Credit card and banking information are not collected, stored, transmitted, or viewable by Sierra Mountain Center. This data is secured by Stripe.
The personal information collected and stored by Sierra Mountain Center may include your name, address, billing address, e-mail address, phone number, your birthdate. Should you register for a SMC program, your birthdate, emergency contact name and phone number, a medical history, and your signature on consent forms will be collected and stored.
How do we protect your information?
Sierra Mountain Center implements physical as well as technical security measures to maintain the safety of your stored personal information. What we believe to be your most precious personal information, your credit card and banking numbers, are kept secure by the third-party payment gateway Stripe, and are not stored on our servers. The Sierra Mountain Center web site makes use of organization-level Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt credit card and billing information while it is transmitted to sierramountaincenter.com. Your computer must be SSL-enabled to ensure secure transfer of your credit card information. When transferring and receiving financial and other types of sensitive information, visitors are redirected to a secure server.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature when you opt in
- To send periodic emails when you opt in
- Unless you opt-in to our newsletter email list, the email address you provide for order processing will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your request.
- If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the top and bottom of each email.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Sierra Mountain Center contains many links to other sites on the Web. We cannot control and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other Web sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Provided for your convenience:
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime. If you would like to change or remove your name, address, e-mail address from our database, you can contact Sierra Mountain Center directly.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Sierra Mountain Center does not collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Sierra Mountain Center
Bishop, CA 93514