There are many reasons why people choose the Private & Custom Guiding option.
- You cannot find anyone to go with you
- You do not want to go on a scheduled trip with people you do not know
- You simply like to do solo trips
- You want to put together a special family or friends trip
- You want to go as fast as you need
- You want to go as slow as you need
- Our scheduled dates do not work for you
- You have a trip in mind that we do not offer on our schedule
PRIVATE AND CUSTOM GUIDING RATES
Our rates depend upon the number of people in your group and the type of trip.
Locally based front country trips that are anticipated to be six hours or less. This includes front country rock climbing.
Backcountry instructional, climbing or ski trips anticipated to be eight hours or more. This covers most of our trips.
Climbs or skis that we normally guide as two-day trips that are squeezed into one day. These are by special arrangement and we want to talk with you to make sure it is a good idea. This saves time, but not a lot of extra dollars and probably neither you nor the guide will be doing much the next day.
2017 Private and Custom Guiding Rates
Prices quoted here are for guiding services and any necessary group climbing equipment.
|Front Country Day
Outfitting with Food and Equipment
We include the following:
- Food. You need to bring snacks for during the day and hot and cold drinks.
- Kitchen, stoves, fuel and cookware
- Water filters
- Bear canisters where necessary
- For winter trips it includes avalanche beacons, shovels and probes
If you have some of your own equipment by all means bring it, but we do not pro-rate pricing for it.
Full outfitting price is $35 per person/per day. If not taking this option you need to bring your own food, tents and kitchen.
Food only we do at $25 per person/per day.
If not taking these options you need to bring your own food and personal tent, stove etc.
Permit Reservation Fees
The United States Forest Service charges a user fee for permit reservations on all trailheads and we are obliged to collect this and pay it to them.
Whitney Area: $15.00 per person
Everywhere Else: $5.00 per person